Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sept 2006 - Corn Flakes & Tesa

Corn Flakes & Tesa! Category: Friends
There's something to be said for bad things happening to you. Bad things sometimes lead to good things…sometimes even great things. Corn Flakes were an accident, as were Post-It Notes and Silly Putty. In the beginning they were mistakes, but in the end they were good things.

Now, I'm not a religious person, but I do believe in a greater power, something bigger than all of us, guiding us along the spokes of our journey, teaching us cosmic lessons and leading us all toward our individual purpose. My life is a prime example of this universal wheel.

The past 18 months have been an incredible journey for me. I went from complete nervous breakdown to healed and happy in that relatively short period of time. 18 months ago I was emotionally wrecked, barely able to face a single day, afraid of leaving the house, unable to bear seeing a single familiar face. Time crawled and I was adrift. My husband helped me through it, with his truly amazing, completely unconditional love. He helped me find my way and he made sure I knew things would get better. And after some time, they did.

I went back to work after a five month break. It was time I needed to get a grip, on life, on my emotions, on myself. But at the end of five months, my healing was almost done and I was ready to move on. I shifted career fields and applied for a State job; my old field was someplace I didn't ever want to be again.

The very first day at my new job, I met someone who would change my whole life. She would become my very best, closest, and most wonderful friend. She would help me to know myself better and to accept myself more. She was the missing piece in the jigsaw puzzle of my life. Her name is Tesa.

We hit it off so quickly and so completely that I'm still amazed at just how well we fit. Within a few months, we were good friends. Today, we can hardly make a move without each other. It's such a wonderful feeling.

The time I spent in such darkness now seems so far away. When I found Tesa, the memory of all that pain began to drift away, like dandelion puffs on the wind. I've never known anyone like her. She's the friend I wish I'd had with me on my wedding day, when I had my kids, during every important moment of my life. It's like I've been waiting for her, like my entire life's journey was really just a slow and inevitable drawing of me to her.

She's an amazing person, so kind and beautiful and funny and smart and compassionate...well, I could go on and on. I lived for 31 years before her and now it's impossible to imagine life without her. She's my best friend.
Bad stuff happens. That's just life. But every turn I've taken, bad turns, good turns, terrible turns and every daily turn led me to her. And that is most definitely a good thing.

No comments: