Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What the...

Ok. I watched David Lynch's Blue Velvet just now...wait. That's not completely true. I watched til about 30 minutes from the end and then just couldn't watch any more. There are several reasons for this.

#1: I didn't attend art or film school & therefore just do NOT "get it".
#2: The "sex" scenes creeped me out to the max and what the hell was up with the helium?
c: Dennis Hopper. Ew.
#4: What's with all the close-ups? Dead ear? Closeup. Ant? Closeup. Grass? Closeup. It's like a John Wu movie and slow-motion doves. It's the "go-to" when they don't have anything else to go to.

It left me with a headache & the need to watch Bambi just to clean out m'brain.

I just don't understand. Why would you make a movie/star in a movie/watch a movie that makes you feel lightly coated in slime & like you've been breathing a low-grade poisonous gas for the past 2 hours?

Someone please explain.

Ick. Now I must shower.

No comments: